ECA College is located in the heart of Sydney offering the following facilities and services:
- modern well lit, air-conditioned and insulated classrooms
- computer access
- learning space
- student break out areas
- student kitchen
- online study resources
- printers/photocopiers in a range of locations using the ECA College student card
Materials, Resources and Library Access
ECA College provides students with access to a comprehensive range of written, video, and online resources. These materials are to be accessed for study use and students are required to pay the published materials fee.
As students will be using the online portal, students will need to have their own computer or laptop, or have easy access to one. ECA College has computers that students may use on campus in various locations.
ECA College provides students with access to an on-campus Library and Learning Space that includes:
- Comprehensive range of library books
- Resource books
- Quiet study areas for individuals in both the Library and Learning Space
- Designated areas for group workshops in the Learning Space
- Designated areas for group study in the Learning Space
- Staff support
The Library and Learning Space Rules of Conduct and Hours of Access/Operation are posted for all students to read and comply.
In addition to the on-campus library, ECA College students can complete the online application to join the City of Sydney Library Service through the online website access at
The City of Sydney Library Services branches are located at the following:
- Customs House Library
- Glebe Library
- Green Square Library
- Haymarket Library
- Kings Cross Library
- Newtown Library
- Pyrmont Link
- Surrey Hills Library
- Library Express
- Ultimo Library
- Waterloo Library
The street address, contact details and opening hours of all City of Sydney Library Services branches listed above can be found by visiting the following website at https://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/explore/libraries/our-network
The conditions of membership are as follows:
- Membership is free to all residents of New South Wales
- Students must agree to abide by all City of Sydney Library Service policies and conditions of use and:
- Accept responsibility for all items borrowed on the library card
- Pay replacement costs plus processing charges for any items lost, stolen or damaged
- Students must report lost/stolen cards to the City of Sydney Library Service immediately
- Return borrowed items on or before the due date or check whether the item can be renewed
- Respect the rights and security of staff and other library users
- Notify the City of Sydney Library Service of any changes to contact details provided
- Students can find further information by visiting the City of Sydney Library Service website at http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/library/Default.asp
Student Support Services:
ECA College will assess the needs of the individual learner before enrolment on offer letter and during orientation using the language, literacy and numeracy test.
Trainers will monitor students during class to identify any students who are struggling and be available after class for additional tuition and to clarify topics.
Learners can request and organise with their trainer additional sessions, request support via email or ask for additional time after class to discuss the course and assessments.
Where the learner is experiencing any learning or personal difficulties s/he should contact Student Services Officer to discuss the issue in the first instance, and if a solution cannot be reached the issued and learner referred to the Student Intervention Officer for review and to develop a solution.
ECA College also offers a full range of welfare and social activities program to include free events for networking with industry. Trainers are responsible to take the students.
ECA College provides additional monthly workshops at no cost to the students that directly relate to business as well as the learning process. A calendar is published each month and includes but is not limited to the following:
- Resume Building
- Linked In Resumes
- Interview skills
English Language and LLN Support
Prior to commencement, all students are required to provide evidence of IELTS 5.5 certification or equivalent to demonstrate English language proficiency. However, all students will undertake an LLN Assessment during orientation to ensure that actual English language ability demonstrated is adequate for successful completion of the qualification based on additional internal testing.
Where students LLN tests are below the benchmark, students will be provided with an 8-week English workshop at ELSIS at no cost to the student.
Vocational Training and Future Employment
ECA College works closely with a number of significant industry organisations, however there is no guarantee of employment for ECA College students or graduates.