The purpose of the Diploma qualification is to qualify individuals who apply skills and techniques as well as concepts in a broad range of project management and project administration contexts to undertake advanced skilled or paraprofessional work and as a pathway for further learning in the areas of project management.
The purpose of this course is to produce learners who are skilled and competent in the areas of:
- Project Management
- Project Implementation
- Project Controls Manager
The following are the intake dates for the programs offered by ECA College in 2017 & 2018:
|Year||Terms||Start Date||End Date|
|2018||Term||16 July||– – – – –|
|Mid Term||13 August||– – – – –|
|Term||15 October||– – – – –|
|Mid Term||12 Nobember||– – – – –|
|2019||Term||14 January||– – – – –|
|Mid Term||11 February||– – – – –|
|Term||15 April||– – – – –|
|Mid Term||13 May||– – – – –|
|Term||15 July||– – – – –|
|Mid Term||12 August||– – – – –|
|Term||14 October||– – – – –|
|Mid Term||11 Novembre||– – – – –|
|Course Fees *||$6000 AUD ($1500 AUD per term)|
|Application Fees||Enrolment Fee||$200 AUD|
|Material Fee **||$150 AUD|
* Promotional fees may be applicable from time to time. Please contact us for further details. Course fees can be subject to change.
** Gives full access to online Learning System, Resources, Assessments, and progress tracking for all units.
The target audience is a mixture of domestic students and international students, 18+ years old, who have completed high school certificate or equivalent but have not been admitted into the higher education system, and want to use this Diploma as a pathway to continue studies in a university degree.
ECA College ensures that prior to enrolment into this qualification, each student is informed of admissions and prerequisite criteria they have to meet to be able to study this program. This information includes that students:
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age;
- Have satisfactorily completed Australian Year 12;
|IELTS Certificate||ELSIS 12 weeks of Intermediate Level at ELSIS for direct entry to VET.||VET Placement test.||Certificates from other providers.||EAP certificates|
|Automatic entry into VET||Students with an overall score of 5.5.||Attendance of 80% with an A or B completion grade.||ElSIS Pre Arrival Test.||English Upper Intermediate Level Certificate from external providers.||ELSIS EAP 1, 2. (A or B grade).|
|Eligibility to take the VET test||External candidates only|
To gain the qualification a successful assessment outcome for 12 units must be achieved.
- Total number of units = 12
The qualification is comprised of:
- 8 core units
- 4 elective units
Mode of Delivery
Face to face at the RTO premises, plus internship of 216 hours during terms 4 and 5. ECA will source the internships.
Program Duration and Structure
- This course is delivered over 52 weeks. Including 4 10 week terms (10 Weeks tuition followed by 2 or 3 weeks of break.)
- Breaks are also used as opportunities for re-assessment, catch-up classes, mentoring, and student intervention programs.
- Participants will attend to classroom-based delivery for 20 hours per week during tuition periods. (180 hours per term – 900 hours in total)
- The participant will complete 208 hours of work placement during terms four and five.
- It is expected that participants will spend 4-6 hour per week completing homework activities during tuition periods (36 – 54 hours per term – 180 – 270)
The total amount of training is:
- classroom-based 900 hours
- Self-pace activities (180 – 270) hours
Total = (1296 – 1386) hours. This is in line with the AQF Volume of learning for an AQF level 5 qualification
* Sample timetable, timetables are subject to change.
|5:30 PM – 9:30 PM||Assessment Support/ Tutorial||Lecture||– – – – –|
|2:00 PM – 9:00 PM||– – – – –||– – – – –||Assessment Support/ Tutorial|
All vocational courses are assessed through a variety of assessment types that may include, quizzes, essays, reports, short answers case studies, group tasks, portfolios and/or presentations and are competency based.
Units of Competency
|Unit Code||Unit Title (and Field)||Core/Elective|
|BSBPMG511||Manage project scope||Core|
|BSBPMG516||Manage project information and communication||Core|
|BSBPMG512||Manage project time||Core|
|BSBPMG520||Manage project governance||Elective|
|BSBPMG513||Manage project quality||Core|
|BSBPMG518||Manage project procurement||Elective|
|BSBPMG514||Manage project cost||Core|
|BSBPMG517||Manage project risk||Core|
|BSBPMG515||Manage project human resources||Core|
|BSBPMG519||Manage project stakeholder engagement||Elective|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBPMG521||Manage project integration||Core|
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Administrator
- Project Team Leader
- Project Director