This qualification is suitable for those who use well developed marketing and communication skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of contexts.
Individuals in these roles apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others, however they typically report to more senior practitioners.
The following are the intake dates for the programs offered by ECA College in 2018 & 2019:
|2018||15th October||15th October||15th October|
|12th November||12th November||12th November|
|2019||14th January||14th January||14th January|
|11th February||11th February||11th February|
|15th April||15th April||15th April|
|13th May||13th May||13th May|
|15th July||15th July||15th July|
|12th August||12th August||12th August|
|14th October||14th October||14th October|
|11th November||11th November||11th November|
|Course Fees *||$6000 AUD ($1500 AUD per term)|
|Application Fees||Enrolment Fee||$200 AUD|
|Material Fee **||$150 AUD|
* Promotional fees may be applicable from time to time. Please contact us for further details. Course fees can be subject to change.
** Gives full access to online Learning System, Resources, Assessments, and progress tracking for all units.
The target audience is a mixture of domestic students and international students, 18+ years old, who have completed high school certificate or equivalent but have not been admitted into the higher education system, and want to use this Diploma as a pathway to continue studies in a university degree.
ECA College ensures that prior to enrolment into this qualification, each student is informed of admissions and prerequisite criteria they have to meet to be able to study this program. This information includes that students:
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age;
- Have Satisfactorily completed Australian Year 12 or high school certificate or equivalent;
|IELTS Certificate||ELSIS 12 weeks of Intermediate Level at ELSIS for direct entry to VET.||VET Placement test.||Certificates from other providers.||EAP certificates|
|Automatic entry into VET||Students with an overall score of 5.5.||Attendance of 80% with an A or B completion grade.||ElSIS Pre Arrival Test.||English Upper Intermediate Level Certificate from external providers.||ELSIS EAP 1, 2. (A or B grade).|
|Eligibility to take the VET test||External candidates only|
To gain the qualification a successful assessment outcome for 12 units must be achieved.
Total number of units = 12
The qualification is comprised of:
- 5 core units plus
- 7 elective units
Mode of Delivery
Face to face + Blended
Program Duration and Structure
- This course is delivered over 52 weeks – Including 4 terms of 10 weeks each (10 Weeks tuition followed by 2 or 3 weeks of break.
- Breaks are also used as opportunities for re-assessment, catch-up classes, mentoring, and student intervention programs.
- Participants will attend to classroom-based delivery for 20 hours per week during tuition periods. (180 hours per term – 720 hours in total)
- It is expected that participants will spend 2 hours per week completing homework activities during tuition periods (18 hours per term – 72 )
- The total amount of training is:
- classroom-based 720 hours
- Self-pace activities 72 hours
- Total = 792 hours. This is in line with the AQF Volume of learning for an AQF level 4 qualification
* Sample timetable, timetables are subject to change.
|9:00 AM – 1:00 PM||Lecture||Lecture||Assessment Support/ Tutorial|
|2:00 PM – 4:00 PM||– – – – –||– – – – –||– – – – –|
|5:30 PM – 9:30 PM||Assessment Support/ Tutorial||Lecture||– – – – –|
All vocational courses are assessed through a variety of assessment types that may include, quizzes, essays, reports, short answers case studies, group tasks, portfolios and/or presentations and are competency based.
Units of Competency
|Unit Code||Unit Title (and Field)||Core/Elective|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation||Core|
|BSBCRT401||Articulate, present and debate ideas||Core|
|BSBMGT407||Apply digital solutions to work processes||Core|
|BSBMKG417||Apply marketing communication across a convergent industry||Core|
|BSBMKG418||Develop and apply knowledge of marketing communication industry||Core|
|BSBMKG419||Analyse consumer behaviour||Elective|
|BSBMKG401||Profile the market||Elective|
|BSBMKG408||Conduct market research||Elective|
|BSBFIA402||Report on financial activity||Elective|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships||Elective|
|BSBMKG413||Promote products and services||Elective|
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Coordinator
- Event Coordinator
- Public Relations Officer
- Digital Marketing Specialist