Business Services Training Package
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as marketing directors, marketing strategists and national, regional or global marketing managers. Individuals in these positions provide leadership and strategic direction in the marketing activities of an organisation. They analyse, design and execute judgements using wide-ranging technical, creative, conceptual and managerial competencies. Their knowledge base may be highly specialised or broad within the marketing field. These individuals are often accountable for group outcomes and for the overall performance of the marketing function of an organisation.
- The purpose of this course is to produce learners who are skilled and competent in the area of:
- Senior Marketing Manager
- Marketing Specialist
The following are the intake dates for the programs offered by ECA College in 2017 & 2018:
|Year||Terms||Start Date||End Date|
|2017||Yearwise||16 Oct 17||12 Oct 18|
|2019||Term 1||14 Oct 19|
|Course Fees *||$6000 AUD ($1500 AUD per term)|
|Application Fees||Enrolment Fee||$200 AUD|
|Material Fee **||$150 AUD|
* Promotional fees may be applicable from time to time. Please contact us for further details. Course fees can be subject to change.
** Gives full access to online Learning System, Resources, Assessments, and progress tracking for all units.
The target audience is a mixture of domestic students and international students, 18+ years old, who have completed high school certificate or equivalent but have not been admitted into the higher education system, and want to use this Diploma as a pathway to continue studies in a university degree.
This program has been designed to provide learners with a significant exposure to workplace practices through internship arrangements.
ECA College ensures that prior to enrolment into this qualification, each student is informed of admissions and prerequisite criteria they have to meet to be able to study this program. This information includes that students:
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age;
- Have satisfactorily completed Australian Year 12;
- Have completed all core units of Diploma of Marketing and Communication
|IELTS Certificate||ELSIS 12 weeks of Intermediate Level at ELSIS for direct entry to VET.||VET Placement test.||Certificates from other providers.||EAP certificates|
|Automatic entry into VET||Students with an overall score of 5.5.||Attendance of 80% with an A or B completion grade.||ElSIS Pre Arrival Test.||English Upper Intermediate Level Certificate from external providers.||ELSIS EAP 1, 2. (A or B grade).|
|Eligibility to take the VET test||External candidates only|
- To gain the qualification a successful assessment outcome for 12 units must be achieved.
- Total number of units = 12
- The qualification is comprised of:
- 3 core units
- 9 elective units
Mode of Delivery
Face to face at the RTO premises, plus internship.
Program Duration and Structure
- This course is delivered over 52 weeks. Including 4 10 week terms (10 Weeks tuition followed by 2 or 3 weeks of break.)
- Breaks are also used as opportunities for re-assessment, catch-up classes, mentoring, and student intervention programs.
- Participants will attend to classroom-based delivery for 20 hours per week during tuition periods. (180 hours per term – 720 hours in total)
- Participants will complete 216 hours of work internship,12 hours per week, during terms three and four, in addition to classroom training.
- It is expected that participants will spend 6-8 hour per week completing research activities during tuition periods (54 – 72 hours per term – 216 – 288)
- The total amount of training is:
- classroom-based 720 hours
- Internship 216 hours
- Self-pace activities (216 – 288) hours
- Total = (1,152 – 1,224) hours. AQF Volume of learning for an AQF level 6 qualification is 1,800 – 2,400 hours for individuals with no skills, and/or knowledge relevant to the outcomes of the course. This training product is offered to individuals that had previously developed skills and knowledge that are relevant to the course outcomes. As stated in the entry requirements, to be accepted into the course applicants must demonstrate evidence of Diploma of Marketing and Communication, or a minimum of 3 years experience in a marketing management role.
- Based on the above, the delivery of the course over 1 year period it is appropriate to allow students to develop the skills and knowledge included in all units of competency that are part of this training product, for the proposed target group.
* Sample timetable, timetables are subject to change.
|5:00 PM – 7:00 PM||Preparation and Review||Lecture||Assessment Support/ Tutorial||Assessment Support/ Tutorial|
|7:00 PM – 7:15 PM||Break||Break||Break||Break|
|7:15 PM – 9:15 PM||Assessment Support||Lecture||Workshops: review and discuss the lecture, readings and assessments||Workshops: review and discuss the lecture, readings and assessments|
All vocational courses are assessed through a variety of assessment types that may include, quizzes, essays, reports, short answers case studies, group tasks, portfolios and/or presentations and are competency based.
Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication Units of Competency
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Core/Elective|
|BSBMGT617||Develop/implement business plan||Elective|
|BSBMGT616||Develop and implement strategic plans||Core|
|BSBMGT615||Contribute to organisational development||Elective|
|BSBMKG609||Develop a marketing plan||Core|
|BSBMKG523||Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan||Elective|
|BSBADV602||Develop an ddvertising campaign||Core|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation/continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change||Elective|
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service||Elective|
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Coordinator
- Brand Manager
- Event Coordinator
- Public Relations officer
- Digital Marketing specialist