- The purpose of the Diploma qualification is to qualify individuals who apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts in a broad range of management and leadership contexts to undertake advanced skilled or paraprofessional work and as a pathway for further learning in the areas of management and/or leadership.
- The purpose of this course is to produce learners who are skilled and competent in the area of:
The following are the intake dates for the programs offered by ECA College:
|2018||15th October||– – –||– – –|
|12th November||– – –||– – –|
|2019||14th January||14th January||14th January|
|11th February||11th February||11th February|
|15th April||15th April||15th April|
|13th May||13th May||13th May|
|15th July||15th July||15th July|
|12th August||12th August||12th August|
|14th October||14th October||14th October|
|11th November||11th November||11th November|
|Course Fees *||$6000 AUD ($1500 AUD per term)|
|Application Fees||Enrolment Fee||$200 AUD|
|Material Fee **||$150 AUD|
* Promotional fees may be applicable from time to time. Please contact us for further details. Course fees can be subject to change.
** Gives full access to online Learning System, Resources, Assessments, and progress tracking for all units.
The target audience is a mixture of domestic students and international students, 18+ years old, who have completed high school certificate or equivalent but have not been admitted into the higher education system, and want to use this Diploma as a pathway to continue studies in a university degree.
ECA College ensures that prior to enrolment into this qualification, each student is informed of admissions and prerequisite criteria they have to meet to be able to study this program. This information includes that students:
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age;
- Have Satisfactorily completed Australian Year 12 or high school certificate or equivalent.
|IELTS Certificate||ELSIS 12 weeks of Intermediate Level at ELSIS for direct entry to VET.||VET Placement test.||Certificates from other providers.||EAP certificates|
|Automatic entry into VET||Students with an overall score of 5.5.||Attendance of 80% with an A or B completion grade.||ElSIS Pre Arrival Test.||English Upper Intermediate Level Certificate from external providers.||ELSIS EAP 1, 2. (A or B grade).|
|Eligibility to take the VET test||External candidates only|
Modes of Delivery
Face to Face + Blended
- To gain the qualification a successful assessment outcome for 12 units must be achieved.
- Total number of units = 12
- The qualification is comprised of:
- 4 core units
- 8 elective units
Program Duration and Structure
- The course is delivered over 52 weeks face to face and online training with 12 weeks break. There are 4 terms of 10 weeks followed by 2 or 3 weeks breaks and a longer break over year end.
- The volume of learning planned for this course is 1200 hours,
- 600 (15 hours per week for 40 weeks) hours of face to face learning
- 200 (5 hours per week for 40 weeks) hours of online training
- 400 (10 hours per week for 40 weeks) hours of supervised self-paced study
* Sample timetable, timetables are subject to change.
|5:00 PM – 7:00 PM||Preparation and Review||Lecture||Assessment Support/ Tutorial||Assessment Support/ Tutorial|
|7:00 PM – 7:15 PM||Break||Break||Break||Break|
|7:15 PM – 9:15 PM||Assessment Support||Lecture||Workshops: review and discuss the lecture, readings and assessments||Workshops: review and discuss the lecture, readings and assessments|
All vocational courses are assessed through a variety of assessment types that may include, quizzes, essays, reports, short answers case studies, group tasks, portfolios and/or presentations and are competency based.
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management – Units of Competency
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Core/Elective|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development||Elective|
|BSBLDR501||Develop and use emotional intelligence||Core|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships||Core|
|BSBHRM405||Support the recruitment, selection and induction staff||Elective|
|BSBINN502||Build and sustain an innovative work environment||Elective|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness||Core|
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service||Elective|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan||Core|
|BSBFIM501||Manage budgets and financial plans||Elective|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement||Elective|