- The purpose of the Certificate 4 (CIV) qualification is to qualify individuals who apply a range of administrative skills in a work setting that allows them to apply knowledge and skills to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems and as a pathway for further learning.
- The purpose of this Certificate IV in Business course is to produce learners who are skilled and competent in the area of:
- Business management
- Business administration
The following are the intake dates for the programs offered by ECA College in 2017 & 2018:
|Year||Terms||Start Date||End Date|
|2017||Yearwise||16 Oct 17||12 Oct 18|
|2018||Term 1||15 Jan 18||23 Mar 18|
|Term 2||16 Apr 18||22 Jun 18|
|Term 3||16 Jul 18||21 Sep 18|
|Term 4||15 Oct 18||21 Dec 18|
|Course Fees *||$6000 AUD ($1500 AUD per term)|
|Application Fees||Enrolment Fee||$200 AUD|
|Material Fee **||$150 AUD|
* Promotional fees may be applicable from time to time. Please contact us for further details. Course fees can be subject to change.
** Gives full access to online Learning System, Resources, Assessments, and progress tracking for all units.
The target audience are students who have completed high school certificate but have not been admitted into the higher education system, and want to use this Certificate IV as a pathway to continue studies.
This program has been designed to provide learners with a sufficient time to develop the skills and knowledge required in the relevant training package, in a safe learning environment.
ECA College ensures that prior to enrolment into this qualification, each student is informed of admissions and prerequisite criteria they have to meet to be able to study this program. This information includes that students:
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age;
- Have satisfactorily completed Australian Year 12;
|IELTS Certificate||ELSIS 12 weeks of Intermediate Level at ELSIS for direct entry to VET.||VET Placement test.||Certificates from other providers.||EAP certificates|
|Automatic entry into VET||Students with an overall score of 5.5.||Attendance of 80% with an A or B completion grade.||ElSIS Pre Arrival Test.||English Upper Intermediate Level Certificate from external providers.||ELSIS EAP 1, 2. (A or B grade).|
|Eligibility to take the VET test||External candidates only|
To gain the qualification a successful assessment outcome for 10 units must be achieved.
- Total number of units = 10
- 1 core unit plus
- 9 elective units
Program Duration and Structure
- This course is delivered over 52 weeks. Including 4 10 week terms (10 Weeks tuition followed by 3 week break.)
- Breaks are also used as opportunities for re-assessment, catch-up classes, mentoring, and student intervention programs.
- Participants will attend to classroom-based delivery for 20 hours per week during tuition periods. (180 hours per term – 720 hours in total)
- It is expected that participants will spend 2 hour per week completing homework activities during tuition periods (18 hours per term – 72 )
- The total amount of training is:
- classroom based 720 hours
- Self-pace activities 72 hours
- Total = 792 hours. This is in line with the AQF Volume of learning for a AQF level 4 qualification
* Sample timetable, timetables are subject to change.
|5:00 PM – 7:00 PM||Preparation and Review||Lecture||Assessment Support/ Tutorial||Assessment Support/ Tutorial|
|7:00 PM – 7:15 PM||Break||Break||Break||Break|
|7:15 PM – 9:15 PM||Assessment Support||Lecture||Workshops: review and discuss the lecture, readings and assessments||Workshops: review and discuss the lecture, readings and assessments|
All vocational courses are assessed through a variety of assessment types that may include, quizzes, essays, reports, short answers case studies, group tasks, portfolios and/or presentations and are competency based.
Certificate IV in Business Units of Competency
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Core/Elective|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements||Core|
|BSBCUS403||Implement customer service standards||Elective|
|BSBCUS402||Address customer needs||Elective|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment||Elective|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation||Elective|
|BSBITU402||Develop and use complex spreadsheets||Elective|
|BSBLED401||Develop teams and individuals risk||Elective|
|BSBMKG414||Undertake marketing activities||Elective|
|BSBRSK401||Identify risk and apply risk management processes||Elective|