- The purpose of the Certificate 4 (CIV) qualification is to qualify individuals who apply a range of administrative skills in a work setting that allows them to apply knowledge and skills to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems and as a pathway for further learning.
- The purpose of this Certificate IV in Business course is to produce learners who are skilled and competent in the area of:
- Business management
- Business administration
The following are the intake dates for the programs offered by ECA College:
|2018||15th October||15th October||15th October|
|12th November||12th November||12th November|
|2019||14th January||14th January||14th January|
|11th February||11th February||11th February|
|15th April||15th April||15th April|
|13th May||13th May||13th May|
|15th July||15th July||15th July|
|12th August||12th August||12th August|
|14th October||14th October||14th October|
|11th November||11th November||11th November|
|Course Fees *||$6000 AUD ($1500 AUD per term)|
|Application Fees||Enrolment Fee||$200 AUD|
|Material Fee **||$150 AUD|
* Promotional fees may be applicable from time to time. Please contact us for further details. Course fees can be subject to change.
** Gives full access to online Learning System, Resources, Assessments, and progress tracking for all units.
The target audience is a mixture of domestic students and international students, 18+ years old, who have completed high school certificate or equivalent but have not been admitted into the higher education system, and want to use this Diploma as a pathway to continue studies in a university degree.
ECA College ensures that prior to enrolment into this qualification, each student is informed of admissions and prerequisite criteria they have to meet to be able to study this program. This information includes that students:
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age;
- Have Satisfactorily completed Australian Year 12 or high school certificate or equivalent;
|IELTS Certificate||ELSIS 12 weeks of Intermediate Level at ELSIS for direct entry to VET.||VET Placement test.||Certificates from other providers.||EAP certificates|
|Automatic entry into VET||Students with an overall score of 5.5.||Attendance of 80% with an A or B completion grade.||ElSIS Pre Arrival Test.||English Upper Intermediate Level Certificate from external providers.||ELSIS EAP 1, 2. (A or B grade).|
|Eligibility to take the VET test||External candidates only|
To gain the qualification a successful assessment outcome for 10 units must be achieved.
- Total number of units = 10
- 1 core unit plus
- 9 elective units
Program Duration and Structure
- The course is delivered over 52 weeks face to face and online training with 12 weeks break. There are 4 terms of 10 weeks followed by 2 or 3 weeks breaks and a longer break over year end.
- The volume of learning planned for this course is 1000 hours, comprising of:
- 600 (15 hours per week for 40 weeks) hours of face to face learning
- 200 (5 hours per week for 40 weeks) hours of online training
- 200 (5 hours per week for 40 weeks) hours of supervised self-paced study
* Sample timetable, timetables are subject to change.
|5:30 PM – 9:30 PM||Assessment Support/ Tutorial||Lecture||– – – – –|
|9:00 AM – 4:00 PM||– – – – –||– – – – –||Assessment Support/ Tutorial|
All vocational courses are assessed through a variety of assessment types that may include, quizzes, essays, reports, short answers case studies, group tasks, portfolios and/or presentations and are competency based.
BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business – Units of Competency
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Core/Elective|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements||Core|
|BSBCUS403||Implement customer service standards||Elective|
|BSBCUS402||Address customer needs||Elective|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment||Elective|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation||Elective|
|BSBITU402||Develop and use complex spreadsheets||Elective|
|BSBLED401||Develop teams and individuals||Elective|
|BSBMKG414||Undertake marketing activities||Elective|
|BSBRSK401||Identify risk and apply risk management processes||Elective|
- Administration Officer
- Personal Assistant
- Project Administrator
- Program Coordinator